6.01.2011

Day 9

A little summary of my week:

The first 5 days I followed the diet and workout and lost 6 pounds.  but honestly I wasn't feeling too hot considering the cardio is jumping for 30 minutes and then I have to chase two kids around the house all day.  Brent and I (and the boys) also got sick so Friday's workout was extra hard.  All in all though, I felt good about the workout and even most of the diet but like you guys we were in need of some tweeking. 

Lets not even talk about our weekend...no, actually it wasn't too bad but I could have made better eating decisions.  It was just hard because we left Saturday morning still undecided about how we were going to proceed with the diet portion.  I also didn't workout Sat, Mon, or Tuesday!  eeek!  will.not.happen.again.

soooo as for the diet we are eating very clean, low carb, no dairy (at least me) and low fat foods.  We are roughly following this 6 week diet plan.  but I may include some meals from meta and if I am feeling low on energy then I will add a little extra.  I am also recording everything in an app called myfitnesspal.  Its nice because it has a data base of how many calories different foods are and allowed me to enter my weight, and my goal weight to find out the number of calories I should be consuming.  I guess its kinda of like weight watchers without paying all the money to simply count calories...

I've since gained 2 pounds so I've more consistently lost a total of 4 pounds thus far.  I guess we will measure ourselves tomorrow? or the next day, I'm not sure.  I don't think I'll see any results but I do feel tighter and toner.

7 comments:

  1. Good to see some more action on here. Sounds like you guys are doing pretty good overall. I am scared for any interruptions in the routine like going out of town or my folks coming up this weekend. Jen and are I are doing pretty good as well. I will let her talk about her feelings on the workout, but I have basically switched over to Body For Life. I started paying for the gym that we have at work so I am doing both the BFL workouts and diet. I am down 8 lbs so far and am hoping to get under 200 tomorrow. We probably need another rally meeting again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I use fatsecret.com to track my weight/calories. Since I have a lame phone I can only do it online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang Doug, congrats on the poundage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah....I think that diet is pretty freaking hard. I hate it and don't even want to look at it. I DO like the workout though. The cardio kicks my butt. I can't believe how out of shape I am. I basically consider myself "done" working out when I finish the cardio even though another 30 minutes of strength follows. If I can finish the cardio, I know I can do whatever else. I'm down 4 pounds...but I seem to be stuck here now. I don't really feel any tighter or toned, but I'm being a little impatient I think. I guess time will tell....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when I post under Doug...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think I am the biggest loser this week. I think I lost two pounds but haven't been tracking as well as you folks.

    My eating took a major turn for the worse over the weekend and on my business trip. I also have yet to start any exercise program. Oh don't worry I am going to make a major turn around "starting Monday!" =)

    ReplyDelete